Based on our proven Type 3 platform established in 1988 and continuously developed ever since, the next generation Jenbacher Type 3F engine offers proven robustness and reliability while delivering more efficiency than ever.
Jenbacher Type 3 proven - reliable - flexible ~11,000 Type 3 engines were delivered since 1988.
Scope of supply:
Electrical Output703 - 851 kW
Thermal Output723 - 1,081 kW
Voltage400V, 6.3kV, 10.5kV
Electrical Efficiencyup to 43.1 %
Thermal Efficiencyup to 49.9 %
L: 5,300 x W: 2,300 x H: 2,300 mm
Highlights of Jenbacher Type 3F engines
Building on its proven heritage, the new Type 3F 50 Hz engine now leads the way with next-generation technology innovation that delivers an up to 2 percentage point efficiency boost compared to earlier engine versions—up to 1,065 kWe—without sacrificing its proven reliability or robustness.
In addition to delivering efficiency as high as 43.3% when operating on pipeline gas, the Type 3F engine is optimized for reduced total hydrocarbon (THC) emissions, future-proof fuel flexibility, and enhanced serviceability.
Moreover, the latest 3F technology is retrofittable for the most of the installed Type 3 fleet.
Innovative design features
New cylinder head (4V)
Optimized for better gas exchange and improved cooling, the new cylinder head also delivers reduced THC emissions, improved combustion, and more robust valve and valve seat materials.
New power unit
Our new aluminum piston design helps minimize crevice volume for reduced THC emissions, improved combustion, and reduced oil consumption. Other key aspects of the design include a new piston bowl shape, liner, and scraper ring.
New knock control & ignition system
This enhanced system delivers better engine protection, more efficient combustion, and easier serviceability.
New valve train (4V)
A new valve train with a floating bridge makes service easier.
Our new camshaft gives you increased charge efficiency and enhanced Miller timing. Plus, your THC emissions are reduced, and you get better gas exchange.
Scope of supply:
Combined Heat and Power Module (CHP Module) solutions allow customers to generate power and heat simultaneously at a very high total efficiencies, reaching 90% and even more.
Usual scope of supply:
- Engine and alternator installed on the frame
- Control panel, gas train
- Heat exchangers including exhaust gas heat exchanger
CHP Modules can generate hot water or steam at various parameters and can be integrated with your existing heat infrastructure. You can select the option that fits your project’s needs among the various heat recovery schemes provided by Jenbacher.
The scope of supply can be extended further with various balance of plant options (BOP) offered by Jenbacher, reach out to our specialists for help in selecting scope of supply and BOP options to fulfill your project’s needs.
CHP Modules can be installed inside a building or inside a container. To see more details about Jenbacher’s Containerized solutions, click here.
Balance of Plant
The right auxiliary equipment is of critical importance in ensuring that a power solution is economically feasible and gets your business the most in terms of reliability, availability and efficiency. Click on provided balance of plant options to learn more. Reach out to our experts to select the configuration that fits your business’ needs.
Available BOP elements may vary depending on the engine and application type.
- Removes silicone and siloxane compounds from biogas and sewage gases
- Reduces deposits in the combustion chamber of the engine
- Ensures required gas quality for the installation of an oxidation catalyst in the exhaust system
Part of Jenbacher minimum scope of supply.
- Contains a 3 μm fine filter as a security filter
- Includes a pre-pressure regulator for improved reliable operation – reduces gas pressure variations caused by other gas users or the gas supply network
SCR and oxidation catalyst chamber for reduction of NOx, CO, and CH2O.
The system can be offered with and without integrated silencer function for an optimal site integration.
Exhaust Gas Heat Exchanger allows your business to maximize utilization of useful heat from the engine.
Used along with Jenbacher CHP Modules. Can be installed inside the building or together with Container power plant solution.
- Available for all types of exhaust gases resulting from a wide range of fuel gases
- Material: Carbon steel, stainless steel, or specialized stainless steel depending on fuel types
- Optimized flow rates and exhaust gas back pressure for various applications
- Available with or without exhaust gas bypass
Combines robust real-time and model-based control for the genset with a highly customizable auxiliary management system to meet our customers individual requests in the best way possible.
Additional to our module control panel, Jenbacher also provides power plant control solutions through master synchronization and master control.
Reach out to our experts to learn more about control options for your project.
An efficient cooling solution for your Jenbacher power plant.
- Ensures sufficient surface area and cooling capacity
- Uses flat fins and appropriate fin distance to ensure easy cleaning
- Available with special coatings and materials for installations near the coast
- Available with special soldering techniques and heating systems for extremely cold environments
The CL.AIR exhaust treatment is a system for thermal regenerative post-combustion of engine exhaust gases.
- Resistant to contaminants in the fuel gas
- Resistant to deposits
- Constant emission values throughout the entire lifecycle
- Additional heat generation (about 20 – 30°C or 70 – 80°F increase in exhaust temperature)
Reduce noise pollution from your power plant to meet local requirements.
- Material: Carbon steel or stainless steel
- Sound pressure levels: From 35 db (A) in 10 m up to 75 db (A) in 10 m
- Available with or without catalyst chamber
- Available in horizontal or vertical design
- Optimized reduction of exhaust noise from the engine and of back pressure
Efficiency boost up to 43.3%
Reduced THC emissions
Future-proof fuel flexibility
Retrofittable for most of the installed fleet
Up to 2 percentage points improved fuel usage means savings for you
Lower THC emissions
Lower THC emissions lead to a smaller environmental footprint
Reduced oil cost
Less consumption and longer lube oil lifetime lower your oil life-cycle costs
For your installed engines, applied anytime—ideally during your minor or major overhaul—for the latest technology
Future-proof fuel flexibility
The “Ready for Hydrogen” 1 option facilitates your move from conventional fuels today to (H2) operation tomorrow, once (H2) becomes more readily available
1 - Optional scope on demand
Watch the video on available 3F upgrades:
Thomas Roth, head of power and engineering
Installed units: 3 x J312 F05
André Relvas, Director SOREMA Portugal
Installed units: 1 x J316 F02
AIZ STRASS IM ZILLERTAL
Christian Fimml, Plant Manger, WWTP Achental-Inntal-Zillertal Strass
Installed units: 1 x J312 F25
BGA MINDEROFFINGEN I
Petra Huggenberger, CEO, Bioenergie Minderoffingen
Installed units: 1 x J312 F225
Nexhip Balkaj, Manager biogas plant, Energie TG Wechingen GmbH
Installed units: 1 x J316 F225