A great product just got even better!
The new Jenbacher J420 D/E unit is based on our proven Type 4 platform of more than 6,000 delivered engines generating about 7 GW of power worldwide. Leading the way with next-generation technology innovation, the new J420 D/E delivers as much as 4% more output — up to 1,560 kW — and up to 1% point of additional electrical efficiency compared to respective J420 B versions.
Scope of supply:
Electrical Output1,413 - 1,562 kW
Thermal Output1,447 - 1,906 kW
Voltage480V - 13.8kV
Electrical Efficiencyup to 44 %
Thermal Efficiencyup to 50.5 %
L: 6,500 x W: 1,900 x H: 2,300 mm
COMPACT AND EASY TO SERVICE
The J420 D/E genset delivers a robust concept with a compact footprint with a 0.6-meter reduction in length compared to previous Type 4 genset versions.
Greater reliability and serviceability
Compact and easy to Service
- This design modification improves the operating conditions for the ignition-rails and the knocking detection system and results in lower component temperature.
- Our optional steel pistons provide much higher power loading capability as well as significant reductions in total unburned hydrocarbons (THC), resulting in improved efficiency.
- Optimized piston cooling technology translates to better heat dissipation and thus reduced thermal load - increasing the overall robustness of the entire power unit.
- A longer component life and exchangeable cartridge further reduces service costs.
- Our innovative split-frame design simplifies installation in restricted spaces.
- The new installation concept reduces vibration levels, translating to less component stress.
- High-flexible coupling significantly reduces vibration transmission to the generator.
- 3D-adjustable chocks provide rigid generator support and fast alignment possibilities.
- Quickly removable safety guards offer improvement over a bell-housing design, meaning that the generator doesn’t need to be shifted for coupling changes.
- The new design delivers easier access to all maintenancerelevant parts like filters, pumps and turbocharger.
- The new hydraulic concept covers various customer requirements and enables standardized and proven interfaces. Consequently, flexibility regarding heat recovery concepts can be achieved without compromising reliability.
- Latest turbocharger technology delivers excellent efficiency in addition to full output at high ambient temperatures and altitudes.
- Derived from proven Type 6 engine technology, our new gas mixer design delivers a homogenous, stable and smooth gasto-air mixture-with a wide range of fuel gas types-over the entire power range to enable secure low NOx operation.
- The maintenance-friendly concept of the throttle valve actuator improves reliability, and the integrated flame arrestor also supports operational safety specifically for special gas applications.
- Three pre-defined interface panel positions help optimize adjustments to local conditions.
- A single cartridge with a larger filter surface delivers longer life.
- Electronic differential pressure monitoring improves service friendliness.
- Our newly designed cylinder head with an optimized camshaft profile improves the charging efficiency, which translates to greater fuel efficiency.
- An enhanced cooling design further reduces thermal load improving the component robustness and service life.
- New position TC & intercooler
Scope of supply:
Combined Heat and Power Module (CHP Module) solutions allow customers to generate power and heat simultaneously at a very high total efficiencies, reaching 90% and even more.
Usual scope of supply:
- Engine and alternator installed on the frame
- Control panel, gas train
- Heat exchangers including exhaust gas heat exchanger
CHP Modules can generate hot water or steam at various parameters and can be integrated with your existing heat infrastructure. You can select the option that fits your project’s needs among the various heat recovery schemes provided by Jenbacher.
The scope of supply can be extended further with various balance of plant options (BOP) offered by Jenbacher, reach out to our specialists for help in selecting scope of supply and BOP options to fulfill your project’s needs.
CHP Modules can be installed inside a building or inside a container. To see more details about Jenbacher’s Containerized solutions, click here.