Type 3F Version Upgrade
- Controls Upgrades
- Emissions Reduction
- Enhance Operational Flexibility
- Improve Efficiency
- Increase Power Output
- Increase Uptime
- Lifetime & Services Interval Extension
- Lower Operating Costs
Upgrading your Jenbacher Type 3 engine to the latest F-version
technology increases total efficiency while reducing the engine’s fuel consumption.
Make sure this upgrade is compatible with your engine:
What can this upgrade do for you?
- Greater efficiency: The 3F upgrade delivers Up to Up to 2% points improved fuel usage means savings for you.
- Lower THC emissions: The new 3F technology delivers a smaller environmental footprint by helping you comply with your country’s THC-emission regulations (such as the future requirements of the 44th BImSchV in Germany).
- Reduced oil cost: Less consumption and longer lube oil lifetime lower your oil life-cycle costs
- Convenient upgrade: This simple upgrade can be applied at your site during a minor overhaul or at INNIO’s Overhaul Center as part of a major overhaul.
- Greater runtime (optional): If your engine runs on pipeline gas or treated biogas, you can opt for a special, expanded-scope overhaul at one of INNIO’s repair shops.
- Future-proof fuel flexibility: The “Ready for Hydrogen” option facilitates your move from conventional fuels today to H2 operation tomorrow, once H2becomes more readily available.
How we get you there?
A key feature of the Type 3F engine is a new four-valve cylinder head and optimized camshaft for better gas exchange. Paired with a new power unit that delivers better combustion, the upgrade results in significantly increased fuel efficiency and lower hydrocarbon-emissions (THC).
Typical engine upgrade scope:
- Camshaft and cylinder head exchange
- New pistons and liner
- Cylinder individual knock control for improved combustion control
- Turbocharger and gas inlet (TecJet^1) modification, depending on engine version and application
- Crankcase ventilation system upgrade, if applicable– OEM documentation update
The upgrade is applicable to all Type 3 C-& D-version (50 Hz) engines with a corresponding F-version engine released according to the new unit product program (for instance, D05 versions can be upgraded to F05)
Why Jenbacher Services?
Enhanced Efficiency and Lower Lifecycle Costs
Bringing proven outcomes across the life cycle of your engines means greater engine efficiency, reduced fuel usage and optimized maintenance intervals via our Conversions, Modifications & Upgrades offerings.
Emissions can be reduced with exhaust gas aftertreatment systems for example, oxidation or SCR catalysts, helping to meet emission regulations.
Best combined with your next service event or overhaul, our upgrades use only certified OEM parts for and are always based on your specific applications.
Controls and Asset Performance Management
Manage, monitor and control your engine. Our Controls simplify proactive maintenance planning and with myPlant, you can remotely calculate plant performance every day, with real-time intelligence.
Your local power generation experts.
Jenbacher gas engines have been delivered in 100-plus countries.
ENERGY SOLUTIONS. EVERYWHERE, EVERY TIME.
CONSULT AN EXPERT
Send us a message and we’ll contact you to start the conversation.