Making coal mining cleaner.
They are a big win for the coal mine industry. And they are a big win for the environment. They are specially modified Jenbacher gas engines.
Mining coal is a dangerous, dirty job, with the methane gas byproduct usually vented to the atmosphere and contributing to global warming. But with Jenbacher gas engines, mining operators can capture hazardous coal mine gas and use it to generate more than enough heat and power for safer, more efficient and environmentally friendlier mining operations. And excess heat and power can then be routed to a district heating system and public utility grid to earn additional revenue.
- Enhance mine worker safety
- Deploy optional gas conditioning
- Harness methane as an alternative energy source
- Benefit from flexible contractual service agreements
- Avoid the need to dispose of harmful and explosive coal mine gas
- Reduce energy production footprint with compact low-weight units
- Operate smoothly even with fluctuations in gas pressure and content
- Yield up to 43% electrical efficiency and as high as 90% for CHP systems
- Earn carbon credits, reduce tariffs, and profit from selling excess heat and power to public utilities
Experience our webinar to learn more about Jenbacher's CHP solutions
Jenbacher North American team invites you to review the recording of our recent webinar, to learn how Jenbacher can help you develop your power plant projects, including equipment design and performance, using hydrogen and much more!
In the webinar, you will learn more about:
Overview of an independent power plant and its components
Jenbacher’s highly efficient type 6 genset
Our hydrogen power generation solutions
How proven equipment design improves performance
Power generation solutions with quick delivery and easy installation
The information provided is relevant for the North American market. Please reach out to our experts to discuss your project.
- Chengzhuang CBM (CHN)China – MainlandChina
Chengzhuang CBM (CHN)
DELIVERING EFFICIENT, GREENER POWER
through coalbed methane power generation
12 x J620
Coalbed methane (CBM)
- Shanxi Jinju Hudi (CHN)China – MainlandChina
Shanxi Jinju Hudi (CHN)
LOW CONCENTRATION MINE METHANE DISTRIBUTED POWER PROJECT supporting China’s energy transition
8 x J420
Our experts are ready to help you!
Looking for onsite power solutions? Check.
Need access to electricity? We’re there for you.
Want to lower your energy costs, or even sell electricity back to your local grid? Check … check.
INNIO’s regional experts can help you figure out the Jenbacher solution that best meets your needs. With a free consultation, you can:
- Explore the advantages of onsite power generation solutions for your company
- Discover how to use economic modeling for added financial benefit
- Get answers on the technical aspects of your project—including fuel types, feasibility studies, and equipment and balance of plant selection
- Learn how to take advantage of regional incentive programs
- Review the delivery options for your project: purchasing, financing, leasing, and engaging a service provider, such as ESCO or BOO
- Find out how to meet emissions targets
Resources & Downloads
Category: Case StudiesCase Study Chengzhuang
Shanxi Jinju Hudi
Category: Case StudiesCasestudy Shanxi Jinju Hudi
Jenbacher Webinars – Designing Your Power Plant (2022)
Category: WebinarsJenbacher Webinars – Designing Your Power Plant (2022) JBCOM
Consult an expert
Send us a message and we’ll contact you to start the conversation.
Whether your business is looking for onsite power solutions, access to electricity, decreased energy costs, or even to sell electricity back to your local grid/consumers, Jenbacher regional experts can advise you on which solution makes the most sense for you.