Jenbacher Type 2: J208
Introduced in 1976, INNIO's Jenbacher Type 2 gas engine offers high efficiency power with a robust design.
The stationary engine concept provides excellent durability, while enhanced components and a proven control and monitoring model give the Type 2 engine outstanding reliability.
~1,250 engines delivered since 1976.
J208 – efficient L8-cylinders power generation solution for small/mid scale businesses.
Change the scope of supply by clicking on a thumbnail.
Scope of supply:
Electrical Output335 kW
Thermal Output410 - 424 kW
Voltage480V - 600V
Electrical Efficiencyup to 37.2 %
Thermal Efficiencyup to 47.1 %
L: 200 x W: 70 x H: 80 inches
Highlights of Jenbacher Type 2 engines
With their durability, reliability, and fuel flexibility, Jenbacher Type 2 gas engines have an unmatched worldwide reputation of getting the job done.
- High-performance long-life spark plug for reliable operation.
- Applicable heat sources include engine cooling water, oil, mixture gas, and exhaust gas.
- Applicable gas types include: natural gas, associated petroleum gas (flare gas), propane, biogas, sewage gas, landfill gas, coal mine gas, other special gases (e.g. coke, wood, and pyrolysis gases).
A perfect fit for applications up to 1MW across various industries.
Depending on customer needs, the Type 2 can use a variety of gas types to increase efficiency levels and reduce industrial emissions.
Reliability for all scenarios
The Jenbacher Type 2’s turbocharger bypass is able to compensate for extreme operating conditions.
Enhanced combustion provides maximum efficiency, no matter how it’s being used or what fuel is desired.
Scope of supply:
Combined Heat and Power Module (CHP Module) solutions allow customers to generate power and heat simultaneously at a very high total efficiencies, reaching 90% and even more.
Usual scope of supply:
- Engine and alternator installed on the frame
- Control panel, gas train
- Heat exchangers including exhaust gas heat exchanger
CHP Modules can generate hot water or steam at various parameters and can be integrated with your existing heat infrastructure. You can select the option that fits your project’s needs among the various heat recovery schemes provided by Jenbacher.
The scope of supply can be extended further with various balance of plant options (BOP) offered by Jenbacher, reach out to our specialists for help in selecting scope of supply and BOP options to fulfill your project’s needs.
CHP Modules can be installed inside a building or inside a container. To see more details about Jenbacher’s Containerized solutions, click here.
Balance of Plant
The right auxiliary equipment is of critical importance in ensuring that a power solution is economically feasible and gets your business the most in terms of reliability, availability and efficiency. Click on provided balance of plant options to learn more. Reach out to our experts to select the configuration that fits your business’ needs.
Available BOP elements may vary depending on the engine and application type.
- Removes silicone and siloxane compounds from biogas and sewage gases
- Reduces deposits in the combustion chamber of the engine
- Ensures required gas quality for the installation of an oxidation catalyst in the exhaust system
Part of Jenbacher minimum scope of supply.
- Contains a 3 μm fine filter as a security filter
- Includes a pre-pressure regulator for improved reliable operation – reduces gas pressure variations caused by other gas users or the gas supply network
This exhaust gas after-treatment option is available for INNIO’s Jenbacher gas engines.
Oxidation catalyst (in own chamber) for the reduction of CO and HCHO (formaldehyde) emissions – for natural gas and biogas engines (fuel gas quality dependent).
Exhaust Gas Heat Exchanger allows your business to maximize utilization of useful heat from the engine.
Used along with Jenbacher CHP Modules. Can be installed inside the building or together with Container power plant solution.
- Available for all types of exhaust gases resulting from a wide range of fuel gases
- Material: Carbon steel, stainless steel, or specialized stainless steel depending on fuel types
- Optimized flow rates and exhaust gas back pressure for various applications
- Available with or without exhaust gas bypass
Combines robust real-time and model-based control for the genset with a highly customizable auxiliary management system to meet our customers individual requests in the best way possible.
Additional to our module control panel, Jenbacher also provides power plant control solutions through master synchronization and master control.
Reach out to our experts to learn more about control options for your project.
An efficient cooling solution for your Jenbacher power plant.
- Ensures sufficient surface area and cooling capacity
- Uses flat fins and appropriate fin distance to ensure easy cleaning
- Available with special coatings and materials for installations near the coast
- Available with special soldering techniques and heating systems for extremely cold environments
The CL.AIR exhaust treatment is a system for thermal regenerative post-combustion of engine exhaust gases.
- Resistant to contaminants in the fuel gas
- Resistant to deposits
- Constant emission values throughout the entire lifecycle
- Additional heat generation (about 20 – 30°C or 70 – 80°F increase in exhaust temperature)
Reduce noise pollution from your power plant to meet local requirements.
- Material: Carbon steel or stainless steel
- Sound pressure levels: From 35 db (A) in 10 m up to 75 db (A) in 10 m
- Available with or without catalyst chamber
- Available in horizontal or vertical design
- Optimized reduction of exhaust noise from the engine and of back pressure
B.E.N.E. Möglingen (GER)
PROVIDING HEAT WITH A SUSTAINABLE, INNOVATIVE ENERGY CONCEPT
Initiative combines Jenbacher CHP technology with a solar installation and heat exchanger
1 x J320
Year of commissioning
Biomont Landfill Plant (CAN)
Biomont Énergie plant converts landfill gas into energy, significantly reducing emissions in Montréal
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3 x J612
Shanghai International Tourism and Resort Zone (CHN)
Jenbacher J624 trigeneration technology for efficient and clean energy to resort complex in Shanghai
5 x J624
60,000 tons of CO2
Annual energy savings
Equivalent to 20,000-ton coal
Huadian Industrial Park (CHN)
Jenbacher J620 gas engines provide reliable, efficient energy to industrial park in Beijing
2 x J620
< 500 mg / Nm³ at 5% O2
Hansewerk Natur (GER)
FLAGSHIP HYDROGEN PROJECT
using Jenbacher technology
1 x J320
2019 (natural gas), 2022 (H2)
Gasgreen Energia (ECU)
TURNING LANDFILL GAS INTO CLEAN ELECTRICITY
Innovative biogas power plant is reducing methane gas pollution in Ecuador
2 x J320, 3 x J420
up to 5 MW
Jenbacher myPlant Performance Solution
Our cloudbased technology lets you manage your assets wherever you are, secure and live. Take control of the operating performance and profitability of your gas engine by giving it a digital life.Jenbacher myPlant Performance Solution
Jenbacher Remanufacturing Program
Innovative solutions that give your engine and parts a new life. The Jenbacher* Remanufacturing program gives your engine and all of its parts a new, longer life, returning used components to like-new conditions.Jenbacher Remanufacturing Program
Jenbacher Multi-Year Agreements (MYA)
Improve your performance at lower cost. Our multi-year agreements (MYA) are tailored service agreements to complement your capabilities with maintenance coverage, performance guarantee and operation support.Jenbacher Multi-Year Agreements (MYA)
CONSULT AN EXPERT
Send us a message and we’ll contact you to start the conversation.